My Proposal

**Every day I will post a Quicksketch of a dog. In the future I may post longer sketches and paintings but for now... just a Dog A Day.
I will post it even if I'm not in love with it- I NEED to try and draw every day! ***Hopefully***

Sketches are all done on 18x24 newsprint with a Conte Pencil unless otherwise noted.
Click On images to make them larger and to see the detail!!

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Senior Dog Sanctuary


I spotted this photo on Facebook.


They are based in Mount Juliet, TN.
Maybe you would be interested in rescuing senior dogs and/or help their mission.


I instantly thought this would be a lovely painting with all the colors in the photo.
And then I thought- Hm.. Blurry photo.. this will be a good exercise to test my anatomy knowledge. 
I enjoy occasionally challenging myself with badly shot or blurry reference.

It forces me to be honest in my drawing and decide what is important.


I didn't finish my drawing today though...
Had to stop everything to go to my day job. :P

Hopefully I'll be able to get my business up and running soon....
So I don't have to work weird hours, missing opportunities to draw/paint, and do what I love daily without stressing about time lost.





No comments:

Post a Comment